If a magical genie was able to grant you a wish to meet one person from the past (non biblical/prophet), who would you choose? For me, that person hand’s down would be Walt Disney. Mr Disney’s love of life, people, and family– his creativity, imagination, and work ethic, all inspire me on a daily basis to do the same. Today marks the 113th anniversary of his birthday! Born in 1901 in Chicago, Walt Disney in my book is America’s most iconic filmmaker. Sadly, he passed away far too prematurely at the age of 65 due to lung cancer in 1966 before I was even born. And even though he no longer lives, his legacy and star shines bright in the form of the highly successful Walt Disney Company in which he left for all of us to enjoy.
In celebration of his life, here are some of my favorite Disney quotes.
1. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.”
2. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.”
3. “It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.”
4. “You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world – but it requires people to make the dream a reality.”
5. “All the adversity that I’ve had in my life, all my troubles and my obstacles have strengthened me. You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.”
6. “Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever”
7. “When you’re curious, you find lots of interesting things to do.”
8. “I have been up against tough competition all my life. I wouldn’t know how to get along without it.”
9. “When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.”
10. “The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique.”
11. “If you can dream it, you can do it. This whole thing started with a dream and a mouse.”
12. Why worry? If you’ve done the very best you can, worrying won’t make it better.
13. Whatever you do, do it well
14. That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up.
I5. I have been up against tough competition all my life. I wouldn’t know how to get along without it.
16. Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world.
17. First I think, second I believe, third dream and finally dare.
18. I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic to know that life is a complex matter.
19. Faith is the most important thing. If you believe in something believe it til the end unequivocally
20. Many of the things that seem impossible now will become realities tomorrow
21.The difference in winning and losing most often is not quitting.
22. Disneyland is the result of love. We did not go into DL to make money